The quality of ADFS work is measured by the accuracy of the analytical results, the integrity of the reports and case records, and the timeliness of responses.
- a) Laboratory management is committed to good professional practice and to the quality of ADFS’s testing and calibration in servicing its customers.
- b) It is the policy of ADFS that testing and calibration work shall be carried out in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure a high standard of service.
- c) The purpose of ADFS’s management system as related to quality is to provide an operating structure and support to ensure that ADFS’s goals and objectives with respect to quality are met and maintained.
- d) All personnel concerned with testing and calibration activities within the laboratory must familiarize themselves with the quality documentation and implement the policies and procedures in their work.
- e) ADFS laboratory management pledges commitment to comply with the ISO 17025 and accrediting body supplemental standards and to continually improve the effectiveness of the management system.
The Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences has as its foundation four fundamental objectives:
- SERVICE to the criminal and civil justice system and to the citizens of the state,
- INTEGRITY of the organization and the individual,
- RESPECT for each staff member as our most valuable asset, and
- QUALITY in everything we do.